Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring has sprung!

Well, I think Spring is officially here. Things are growing in the yard, I'm going outside almost every day at school and everyone is in a better mood.

This week went by fast! Tuesday morning Dad and I took Grandma Maggy to the airport so she could get on a plane to go to Austin.

Friday night we had family pizza night and I tried to show Mom and Dad how to make a hat out of an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.


Saturday started out with the delivery and installation of a new dishwasher! (Mom and Dad were a little too excited if you ask me.) I tried to get them to let me keep the old one but they said no.
In the afternoon we ran errands and I caught up on sleep while we were driving.

That night Mom and Dad went with the Dillons to visit our friend Mary so Andrea came over. Before they left I got to open my mail from Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Dave. (I felt really great because I got more mail than Mom or Dad on Saturday!)

Today Mom taught Sunday School so Dad and I met her at church. It was Palm Sunday and I got my own palm.
Afterwards I had to show Mom and Dad how to run their new toy. (Geez, parents just don't get technology.)

After my nap we went to the Iowa Energy game! Here is a photo from our trip in December...

... and here is today! I look older, don't you think?!

Today provided a great chance for another "then and now" photo. Last year, on March 17 I helped dad grill.

Today we grilled for the first time in 2010!

Mom and I also came up with a fun new game to play while Dad is grilling. (I can do a lot more than I could last year.)

Finally, here is a photo of Grandma Maggy in Austin today. 1st row, L-R, Grandma Maggy, Great Uncle Ken Pierce, Great Aunt Penny Pierce. 2nd row, L-R, Aunt Emily, First Cousin-Once Removed Robin (Pierce) Fruehe.
Photo courtesy of Matthew Miller
Have a great week, all.

Oh, one more thing ... I finally found a great resource for all of those Smokey and the Bandit quotes I've been looking for. I tell ya, the first thing I'm going to buy when I get an allowance is that DVD. Classic!

Pierce.

2 comments:

unca chris said...

is there any reason why last year's energy game looks more exciting?
love you miller family!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Awesome "spatial observation and motor skills" on the door with dad. That's what I call "Hands-On Learning!!" Have a great Easter!! Aunt Sherry