Monday, May 31, 2010

Opposite corners ...

This was another busy week. Dad had his annual Okoboji guys' golf trip so Mom and I went to Denmark to visit Grandma and Grandpa. For several days the Miller family was about as far away from each other as we could be and still stay in the state of Iowa.

My week started with a haircut. I was feeling a bit shaggy and with warmer weather at hand I asked Mom to "even it out" a bit.

Dad left Wednesday and that evening Grandma Maggy came over. I showed her my efforts in the yard ...

... then we went to Snookies for some ice cream.

Mom and I left on Thursday after school. Before getting to Denmark we stopped in Iowa City to have dinner with the Waldschmidts. I got to play with my friend Lauren, meet her brother Max and play on some fun things at the mall!

This trip was the best! I love tractors and trucks so Denmark was the place to be. Friday I got to watch some really huge machines work at Grandma and Grandpa's new house.

From a distance I could help direct things and the guys doing the work seemed to appreciate my opinions.

"Grandpa Dave, I think they need to put more slope in that line ... "

I also got to give my two cents on home remodeling questions ... "Grandma, I think I'd go with dovetail joints for your wooden floors."

Mom and Dad have been helping me practice my animal sounds and I got to test my mooing skills with Grandpa's cows. They are a LOT bigger in person than they are in my books!

Saturday was trash day and I think the gentleman from Floyd's did a fine job for Grandma and Grandpa. I can relate to his quest for a clean, orderly world.

A visit to see Clayton is always a lot of fun for me and I got to show him one of my books this time. He seemed to really like it!

Mom, Grandma and I also paid our respects as it was Memorial Day weekend. My Great-Grandpa Harley Houston served with honor and that makes Mom, Uncle Eric, Grandma and Grandpa really proud.

If you look closely, to Grandpa Dave's left, you'll see me in the tractor. IT WAS AWESOME! (He'll be able to tell where I rode with him this fall as those rows may not be as straight as the rest of the field.)

After my ride I had lots of questions and Grandma Kathy was very patient with me. "That? That? That? That?" (You get the picture.)

While I hate to brag I have been working out a lot. Notice the rock hard abs and muscular pipes!

Everyone got back to Des Moines Sunday evening. It was good to be together as a family again.


This afternoon we wanted to do something outside so we went to Saylorville Lake. I got to watch boats and get a stroller ride on a trail.

We also had a really fun family picnic. It as a great way to spend the afternoon.
Mom says it is the Miller in me ... I just think it is common sense ... potato chips are cool!

Have a great week, everyone!

Much love ...

Pierce

1 comment:

Aunt Sherry said...

This was an awesome week Pierce. I'm glad I got to see you. I will finish your ZOO BOOK soon. Love you. Aunt Sherry