Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shows

This week was a week of shows. Thursday Grandma Maggy, Mom and I went to the Des Moines Metro Opera's "Peanut Butter and Puccini" event. It was really cool! I was really close to the performers, watched a performance, explored the theater, went backstage and had lunch, too!
These musicians are really, really good! I'm going to have to practice a lot to be able to play with them.
Dad had meetings in Denver all week. Mom and I were really happy when he came home late Friday afternoon. I love going to the airport!
Uncle Eric came for a visit and went with us to pick up Dad. Since he was with us I made him play airplane with me. (He just had to provide the lift. I provided everything else.)
Dad's home! Here, let me get that bag for you...
My classmates and I made special Father's Day gifts at school this year. I was so excited to have Dad home that I gave him his gift Friday night.
He liked it! It was a book that listed my favorite things about my Dad, and my Dad was very happy to get it.
Saturday the crew loaded up and headed to the Amanas to an Allis-Chalmers tractor show. Grandma Kathy and Papa were there and there was a lot to see. As soon as we arrived Grandma tried to eat my ear. (She was very hungry.)
Here's a "G". It is a fun tractor like Grandma's, but this one has loader.
Sometimes, at an Allis-Chalmers tractor show guys like me get so excited we just have to run. WEEEEEE!!!!
Dad was getting into the excitement, too. He told me what little he knew about tractors.
It was really great to see Grandma Kathy and Papa and explore everything at the show.
After awhile the gang decided that lunch was in order. It was a great opportunity to give Papa his Father's Day gifts and eat some good food at the Ox Yoke Inn. (A bit of trivia ... the Ox Yoke Inn was where Mom and Dad first introduced the grandparents to each other back in 2004)
After eating we headed back to the tractor show and I got to ride my new bike! Thanks Grandma Kathy!
Before we left Dad and Uncle Eric helped me load it into Mom's car.
Uncle Eric and I were tired on the way home.
Once we got home Mom and Dad turned around and went to an event so Uncle Eric and I had the house to ourselves. This photo was taken just as Mom and Dad were leaving.
This photo was taken four hours later when they got home. (We had a pretty mellow night.)
Happy Father's Dad to Papa, Papa Jack and Dad as well as all the other dads out there.

Pierce

1 comment:

Uncle M@ said...

WOW! What a week. Great pics as always. P-Man is getting so big. Love the school pics, too. And have Pierce's tractor, trombone abstract drawing up on my desk. VERY thoughtful!