Sunday, January 13, 2013

It came back up!

Well, I didn't start the week off the way I wanted to. I woke up early Monday morning and thought I was hungry. I ate, went to school, fell asleep in my classroom curled up in the reading corner, laid down in the office, dealt with my breakfast again (in a trash can) and ended up laid out at home with the 24 hour flu. Ugh.

Thankfully I have the best Mom in the world and she nursed me back to health. (Rumor has it I peed on her sometime Monday afternoon as I was asleep, fighting for my health. I don't think it happened.)

Anyway, I stayed home Tuesday to be safe and as you can see I felt much better. I was totally back to 100 percent after some time at nurse Grandma Maggy's house Tuesday afternoon. 
Wednesday I had a dental appointment and got good reviews. All my chompers were up to snuff and I ended up getting a good cleaning while I was there.
This weekend there was a major wreck near the piano in the living room. Dispatch called out all units from all departments in the city. It was a major deal. Luckily, as Fire Chief Pierce I was able to orchestrate things and make sure everyone had what they needed. 
Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, in what Dad said was a fit of desperation (apparently I have too much energy to be cooped up in cold weather), Mom dug the Nintendo Wii out of the basement and we hooked it up. It was awesome! Golf! Baseball! Bowling! I'm totally a fan. I ended up playing it today too. The Wii is my new friend.
The family ended the weekend at our first Iowa Energy game of the season. The good guys ended up losing the game but I got lots of popcorn so that made the trip worthwhile.
Have a great week, everyone!

Pierce (I learned today that the hand towel in the bathroom doesn't belong behind the toilet.) Miller

No comments: