Sunday, June 30, 2013

Some catching up to do ...

It's been awhile so there are things I'd like to catch the group up on.

First, it was Father's Day a couple of weeks ago. Mom, Dad and I went to an I-Cubs game and it was HOT! Wow. After four innings we realized it was time to head home. It was a good thing we did ...
... because we got home in time to see boards for our new fence unloaded from a big truck!
After the first round of swimming lessons this summer I've decided that lounging at the pool is as much fun as actually swimming and diving. Mom is very happy that I've learned the value of lounging. 
Last week was vacation bible school at church. I really had fun and Mom was one of my teachers. Here I am performing a song we learned with all my friends.
The best part of vacation bible school? After church we got to play in bouncy houses and slides! It was awesome!
\
Later that day Dad and I went golfing so Mom could have some time. I did a really good job hitting balls and also filling in divots.
There is sand on each cart and you pour it in the hole then tap on it with your foot.
Fast forward to this week and it was time to tour the Judicial Building. Mom and I grabbed a quick picnic lunch and sat by the Capitol.
On the grounds of the Capitol there are lots of monuments and this one caught my attention. I told Mom everything I know about submarines and she was impressed.
Mom's an excellent tour guide.
Someday I might argue a case here! (I don't ever plan on being the subject of a case argued here so no worries loyal readers.)
The Des Moines Arts Festival was happening Friday so after our tour we checked it out. I got to do lots of fun things like paint with vegetables.
I also got to sit under a tree and rest for a bit.
Finally, I'm proud to report that the tomato plants Mom and I planted have produced! I'm a farmer!
Until next time, my friends...

Pierce

No comments: