Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Look ... it's a butterfly!

A quick post ...

I've had several questions about "life as a butterfly" so I thought I'd share a few things. As a butterfly I'm expected to bring a blanket, a pillow, a toy, a toothbrush and a winning attitude to school. To hold all of these things I got a great backpack. Loyal readers have seen it already but I'd never really put it to the test until Monday.

Here I am psyching myself up for the day ahead with "Mighty Machines". (Canadians can really help get a guy ready for a long day.)


After the regular ride to school Dad put my backpack back on for me and I got to make the march to my classroom. I was nervous, I'll be honest.


I've walked through this room every day for the past 10 months but it's different when you stop and realize that this is MY room now. Dad helped me find my cubby and put my things away then get to the toys. I remembered that Mom told me she loved me and that I was going to have a lot of fun but I was sad.

Capitalizing on Dad's nervousness I threw a tantrum and held on tight. This made Dad feel real bad and I got some major attention. (Krista, the daycare director, ratted me out later in the morning and let Dad know that after he left I was just fine.)

Here I am playing with an old friend from my "caterpillar" days. Luther is a good guy and it was nice to catch up. It was a great day but we got out of school early because of a power outage so the day ended as it began ... on the couch chilling to the Canadians.

Thanks for all of your interest, gang.
Much love ...
Pierce the Butterfly

No comments: